Saturday 28 March 2009

My name in the paper! Well, sort of …

Oh, to be twenty years younger, free to travel the world and paid to write. It’s too late for me but I shall live it through my clever and talented niece, who has lived and worked abroad and has a piece in the Daily Mail today! Brooke co-wrote the story - she’s a proper journalist you see (unlike me; I just pretend in my spare time. But am open to offers - writing offers that is - especially paid ones so I can be a proper journalist!) and she put together this article about Cryogenics. She’s always on the lookout for someone’s story to tell, so if you have something you think needs sharing in a magazine or newspaper, you can contact me via the email on The Daily Scatter - see ‘Letters to the Editor’ down the right hand side - and I’ll put you in touch. She can sing too; if I didn’t love her I’d hate her.

Funny she should mention Simon Cowell - the X-Factor audition panel told her she sounded too much like Celine Dion for them to consider her??!! Go figure …

2 comments:

foxy said...

What?! That panel makes some wierd decisions doesn't it?!

I'd have loved to have been a writer - a poet or something. I did win a few prizes in poetry competitions in my teens, but never followed it through and now I'd be too self-concious to try :o/

scatty said...

Foxy - go for it! Two of the ladies in my writing group are retired - it's never too late! And write what you want to, don't be self conscious. You can start a blog!

I'll be writing up my trip to see Pam Ayres tomorrow, hopefully - the closest I've got is the twitter update so far! She was great fun (I like the kind that rhymes) :)