Wednesday 15 October 2008

3bt: Sportsnight

Commonwealth Youth Games British successes to report: 100m gold for Shaunna Thompson, in a championship record of 11.46 seconds, whilst Curtis Griffith Parker also won gold and set a new games record with an incredible throw of 18.56m in the men’s shot put. Jade Ive won the women’s pole vault with a new games record of 4.05m, with England team-mate Abigail Haywood taking Bronze. Peter Smith won the men’s hammer with 68.38m. Benjamin Williams won Silver in the men’s triple jump - just one centimetre behind the winner! Sophie Hitchon won gold and broke the hammer record with 58.43m, while Curtis Griffith Parker won silver in the discus. Abigail Irozuru won Gold in the women’s long jump. Hannah Lewis claimed the first athletics silver for Northern Ireland. Bronze in the men’s 400m was won by Jordan McGrath.

Phil Taylor 8th world grand prix win.

Leaving the football club - where they held the cricket club presentation - Matt reminded me to 'miss the wall, mum'. Thank you, I will. He reminds me every time we leave, since the night I came out and forgot the wall was there (it was dark) and with it only being shin height and me holding stuff, I walked straight into it and fell flat on my face. I'd love to say that everyone rushed to help but no; they were all too busy laughing ...

No comments: