Wednesday 1 October 2008

3bt: The Literary Review

I couldn’t resist a deal from The Folio Society - eight whopping great tomes for £14.90 including P&P society. The catch being I have to buy another four, circa £25 each, by March. So that’s the pressies from hubby and both kids for Xmas and my birthday. Easy Peasy! I’ll probably wrap them myself too!

Put my pound down in Smith’s for ‘The Tales of Beedle the Bard’ and got a free Penguin classic: ‘A Little Princess’ by Frances Hodgson-Burnett. I never read it as a kid, but I adored the TV series. Talking of JKR - did you notice on Saturday - Merlin is a parselmouth!!!

Matt’s spelling homework ‘scheming’ - his teacher didn’t believe he’d come up with the sentence: “When a young woman marries an old man for his money, she’s a scheming minx.” Perfectly respectable for an eight year old I thought! *saunters away whistling*

No comments: