Friday 8 May 2009

Sports Night

All quiet on the sporting front, apart from Jenson winning again, of course. Did I say it was quiet? I’m lying - I just haven’t had the chance to catch up lately …

Here’s the extended Inside Sport interview with cycling’s current main man, Mark Cavendish ... our adaptive rowers bring home a boat full of medals and our sailors are still adding to their tallies. Judo silver for Clark and get this: World Championship Ice Hockey bronze for GB! Ice Hockey??? Not to be outdone - may I present to you our gymnasts, whilst the Scottish Curlers win the World Champs. Here's an introduction to London Marathon medallist Mara Yamauchi. Brit Speed Skier Marc Poncin, World Champ last year, has to settle for third this year.

And I’m off to the football club presentation, where I’m hoping hubby will get the ‘Lifetime Achievement’ Award. It feels like a lifetime he’s been involved! We've another cup final on Sunday, fingers crossed pleased. The Gills drew 0-0 last night against Rochdale, the home leg is also on Sunday. Come on you Gills! It better be worth the rush back! And I know he's not a Brit - but the adorable and cuddly Valentino Rossi won his first Moto GP race this season, last weekend!

No comments: