Monday 18 August 2008

They call me Scatty...

...with good reason.

The PowersThat Be at work had their quarterly rearrangement of teams again six weeks ago. I'm now occupying the same position in my team, but in the bank of desks one row back. I knew it would happen and following my holiday, when I conveniently forget all my passwords and what floor I'm on (top floor at Xmas, now bottom) I wandered in today, threw my bag down and tried to unlock my drawer, whilst admiring the new screensaver on my pc. Then, suddenly, there's this woman I've never seen before flapping her hands at me and interrupting my cursing as I try the usual assortment of passwords but fail to log on. She fair leapt across the desk to grab the mouse from me: "Who are you? What do you think you're doing?"

Cue much hilarity from my team, all sniggering behind me in the next row back.

No comments: