Sunday 24 August 2008

3bt: So my era!


They do like to liven things up a bit in the office, and this week, some insane person decided we needed an 80’s day! And with £80 of vouchers on offer for best outfit, I raided my cupboard. I’m comfortable with my look; this is the most confident I’ve felt leaving the house for over 20 years! And for once the weather was conducive to the occasion: Humid makes the hair go frizzy.

My team were on top form - we won the quiz; Sue won a photo quiz and I won the fancy dress!!! For my ’authentic’ outfit - the tee-shirt is actually about 24 years old, so is the hair scarf. It was shared with another 80’s reject - who’d managed to find a big frilly blouse to match her headscarf - but £40’s not bad for getting dressed is it?


As they say - been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt, yes, really - that’s them, just there; you can't even see the snakebite stains. I never bought programmes from gigs, just something practical I could wear! Maze, New York Skyy, Bobby Womack, Roy Ayers, plus my Caister and Bournemouth weekender ones too.


At least I’d moved on slightly from the frilly season ... songs of note for this particular era were Patrice Rushen's 'Forget Me Nots' and Leprechaun - 'Loc-it-up', probably with some Spandau Ballet thrown in ...

No comments: