Sunday 17 August 2008

Holiday competitions

Won 'Best Party Mum' one night during Sammy the Seahorse's party dances - and have a certificate to prove it! I'd love to say Matt was so proud * basks in the reflected embarrassment of 8 year old*. The song we were dancing to was called 'Chocolatte' - the other mums didn't stand a chance!

It took me back to my childhood holiday camp years. My Dad and my brother used to win anything target related – darts, golf etc. Me and mum won anything swimming related.

For years one or other of us won the Fancy Hats competition with a packet of Ex-Lax pinned to a sun visor. It's a song, an oldie from the sixties I think, possibly Matt Monroe. Got it yet? No? Give in? Ok, it's called 'Softly as I Leave You.' No-one ever got it, they always went for the obvious – Please Release Me!

The Presentation night at the end of the week was a real family affair. We must have been hated by other holidaycampers. I even won Miss Sinah Warren one week – not because I was prettier – it was 1981;big hair and a bagful of slap was all that was needed, trust me.

No comments: