Sunday 4 January 2009

The Local Boys Done Good!


Ok, so the actual end result wasn’t in Gillingham’s favour, but Hubby, who took Matt along to his first F.A Cup game today, reported back that the Gills played very well and were unlucky not to get at least a draw. We were especially interested as two of Bredhurst’s (young) old boys now play for the Gills Youth team, have had a run out in the reserves and, due to player shortages at Priestfields, were both on the bench for this game. Connor Essam and Dean Rance used to play in Brad‘s age group, under the managerialship of Hubby, and after he told me for the fifth time, I thought I’d write it up for posterity. The first words Brad said when I collected him from the pub after work *Sighs: I remember those days* were: “Did you see Connor and Dean on the telly?” Well, no, but I believe you. So here we are now, all settling down in front of the highlights, to wait for the moment the cameras cut to the bench, just so we can all shout “There they are! Did you see them? Cool.”

No comments: