Saturday 21 June 2008

Growing up too fast ...

Littl’un isn’t so …well, little any more. It was his eighth birthday party today; we took him and eight friends (pure coincidence, I’m not that anal) ten pin bowling. The practice on the Wii has paid off, he averaged 10 points per go and was joint winner of the first game. I noticed it was much quieter than previous parties - like last year’s nine-a-side football party. Take my advice, don’t even think about it. *comes over faint at the recollection*.

They grow up so fast now, don’t they? We’re having the family tea tomorrow night and I ask him what he’d like:

“Indian, please,” he says, “we’ll walk down to the village and have it in the restaurant there.”

Ah, ok - but no, you’re not having a pint of Cobra! Honestly, what’s he like? What happened to hot dogs and Coke? Eight going on sixteen, I’m in a panic.

Then he tells me he's taking his scooter! *sighs with relief*

One small observation during the Russia-Holland game tonight …
The commentator said: “He kicked him on the back of the shin.” Isn't that called the calf? Or did the kicker break through all the muscle tissue and the tibia …

2 comments:

Throg Niemand said...

Nice observation. However, I think you have neglected to correctly translate from Commentaterise to English.

The correct translation of the sentence you mention (and 97% of all sentences in Commentaterise) is "I have nothing to say but must fill some airtime."

Anonymous said...

LOL :) Not a footie fan then, Throg?