Sunday 8 June 2008

Fuse Festival Dance Day 3BT

I follow the sounds of whistle and drums from the car park and am just in time to Samba along the High Street with Bloco Fogo.

Lovely to meet up with Marilyn again; haven't seen her for ages, since Weight Watchers coincides with the writing group coffee morning. We wander along to the Capoeira workshop, to offer our support to a friend taking part.

There are spaces available but unlike a certain Mr Jones on Blue Peter, I'm not brave enough to take part, so I content myself with taking the mickey out of Pete. Actually, he's very good - soon a dab hand at cartwheels and very pleased with himself! And I was wearing a skirt, so ...

We see the Chinese Dragon Dance but a few timing and signposting issues are threatening my chances to see everything I want. I have to cut short watching the tightrope walker to dash back for the
Senzala's Capoeira demonstration; mesmerising, both music and movement, so worth the wait.

No comments: