Sunday 8 June 2008

3BT: 2008 Cricket debut

First beautiful sunny day of the season to watch Hubby and Teen playing for the Firsts. Who said the Firsts were desperate? Wasn't me, I swear!

Littl'un and me have our own game during the Tea Break. Guess who spends the whole time bowling? Which is fine by me. It's a very genteel game we play: I bowl, he hits it. I have a leisurely stroll to retreive, while he runs himself to an early night, between stumps comprising a football at one end and a block of wood containing three varyingly sized sticks at the other. Just before the end of tea, I stump him and I get to bat. Just the once but at least it's a four. He wins by 149 runs!


The battle for boundaries
Soft leather on strong willow
Scorching sun dries the crease yellow
Clouted cover flies overhead
Index finger rises skywards
Lower order, steadfast at stumps

No comments: