Saturday 2 February 2008

Funniest ‘Angel’ ever?

Being spared the delights of Channel 5 (due to my location) and being too mean to pay for extra TV channels, I’m only just working my way through the Series 5 DVD. ‘Smile Time’ had us all laughing out loud at Angel being turned into a puppet. Best moment: The fight with Spike - hilarious - even when thrown, Angel managed to execute a perfect landing - the camera lingering on the most threatening pair of felt puppet legs ever! And then he punches Spike out in the lift and walks away like a Thunderbird with attitude!

Update: I've just seen the final ever episode and I can't believe the TV execs pulled the plug on this fantastic show. Yes, I cried when Wesley died and yes, I felt so sorry for Lorne. As for the final battle, I started wondering: How the hell would they have got out of that one? The cast and crew were hoping for a reprieve so...

a)Buffy turns up with The Immortal and Willow and an army of slayers and they win through with magic and strength in numbers or b)Illyria resumes her former shape and the demons cower before her; she orders them back to their own dimension or c) Angel wakes up and it's all been a dream. I can just imagine Joss Whedon's face if someone on his production team seriously suggested that one! Any other ideas? Feel free to share, I'm curious!

No comments: