Friday 22 February 2008

A Druidic Poem (heavily influenced by Terry Pratchett at time of writing)

Idaris and Panatya

‘I am the Lord!’ came the scream from Idaris
‘I am the Master!’ screeched Panatya’s reply
The leathery wings beat a rhythm of war
On broiling air currents, fiery orange
Flashes flew at Idaris, soaring higher.

Flaming death cascaded over Panatya
The iridescent magenta scales blackened, scorched
Raging Panatya thought of Slayers banished
‘I am the Elder; I am the Wonder
The Breath of Fire in the Mines of Shanayisa.’

Sword sharp tail swished and whipped Idaris the Young
Slicing jade hide a new searing sensation.
Desire to burn the Elder rose unbidden
‘I am the Chosen; I am the Marvel
The Soul of Blaze on the Crown of Shanayisa.’

They circled, wounded; black dragon blood glistening
Falling to blister the portals of Shanayisa
A golden-tinged silhouette rose amid the swirl
Of red-singed clouds cresting the summit.

‘I am the Mother; I am the Lady;
The Mistress of Power in the Realm of Shanayisa;
And if you don’t get in right now you’re both grounded!’

No comments: