Friday 2 May 2008

Thank Crunchie it's Friday

It’s been a busy old week and ...oh, hang on, it’s hard to type with a Crunchie ...there, all nestling nicely on its special cushion ...what? Doesn’t everyone have one?
Firstly, I’m happy to report that on my fourth Weight Watchers Weigh-in, I achieved my ‘Silver Seven’ for the first half stone lost! (Don’t worry, I’ve allowed for the Crunchie!) I’m amazed, quite frankly, since it was my birthday this week and I had two bits of Colin the Chocolate Caterpillar Cake. A bit of a DIY birthday actually - I’ve booked the Indian restaurant for Sunday (I hope they don’t take away the Silver Seven if you put any pounds back on)and I’m waiting in most of the day on Tuesday for a rowing machine to be delivered; No.1 son deposited a pile of coins outside the bedroom door with an “I dunno which one it is, can you get it?” for my necklace and earring set; I bought my own new trainers because “White slip on ones, anything will do” was far too specific, as was “anything by Givenchy”. Still, no.2 son, bless him, had a surprise for me. I’d bought him a disposable camera to take on a school trip next week - he burst into my bedroom, shouting “SMILE” and CLICK! before I could stop him, only, I was drying my hair at the time, something I always do before dressing! Needless to say, the film is now as exposed as I was and in the bin.

On the sporting front, former World Champion Tim Don won the Tongyeong BG Triathlon World Cup in South Korea, continuing his impressive early season form, with fellow Brit Hollie Avil taking silver in the women's event.

Had to laugh and then run for 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves' during Wednesday's 'The Apprentice', when dippy Michael got me thinking twice about that damn apostrophe! (The card lady got it wrong by the way, she went for singular possessive! Tut tut!) As for Kevin, fancy not taking the only other person Sir Alan may have fired - Jenny **Harpie Alert! Harpie Alert!** - into the boardroom. What a muppet.

No comments: