Sunday 27 April 2008

I'd Do Anything, Week Five

Thankfully got rid of the menfolk upstairs, so I can watch in peace.
Pick a Pocket: Rachel (that’s a first for me) and Sarah looked and sounded the strongest there.

Niamh: On dodgy ground with ‘Valerie’ I think, it’s so distinctive. After a good couple of weeks, I wasn’t impressed by that, she seemed uncomfortable with the choreography and I’m with John on the diction.

Rachel: A complete about turn coming up from me - that was the best I’ve seen Rachel, thought she was brilliant. Shame about the maternity dress but you can’t have everything. Great vocal, a ‘real’ performance for me this week.

Jessie: One of Jessie’s best too, great acting and vocal. Forget the panel and stop worrying.

Sarah: Strong as always, LOL at the teapot. Sounds like a voice you expect to hear on stage.

Keisha: In two minds over her - the voice was cracking a bit, understandable with problems this week, so credit to her for what she did. Good performance, maybe could have rocked a bit more.

Ashley: Lovely, truly lovely, sounded quite different. Sorry John but you’re speaking b*llshi*t that was much better than recent efforts. Me and panels, what can you do? She showed more versatility, I thought.

Olivers: Baby Fight club - that looked a lot of fun. I wonder if any of them caught the stunt man for real? Hard Knock Life was brilliant. Alexander is through; he’s got a Mark Lester feel about him.

Samantha: Since You’ve Been Gone - wasn’t that Rainbow? Oh no, it’s the other one. Slow start - but she’s rockin’ it now, great attitude. Vocal not so good in the quieter moments but great in the ‘big’ bits. Enjoyable.

Jodie: My favourite Whitney song ‘I Have Nothing’. Held my attention throughout. Very, very strong.

Phew! It’s a toughie tonight, they nearly all upped their game. Strongest show overall this week. The judges are quite set aren’t they, once they decide something about someone, but I completely changed my tune about Rachel tonight - and Niamh didn’t impress as she had before. A topsy turvy week; we could see a shock, bottom two wise. Personally, least impressive but not bad performances: Niamh and Keisha. The others I enjoyed, again, still not just one standing out for me.

Results Show: Nancies Task this week - Sculling. We did that in Summer Games lessons, down at the River Lea and I loved it. Trouble is, you’re moving backwards and there’s a bend in the river, just along from the boat house. Still, there was no permanent damage to the boat. Or the bridge.
The girls were quite taken with the rowers - can’t say I blame them!

Good performances in ‘Sister are Doing it for Themselves’ - Keisha, Samantha, Sarah and Jessie.
Samantha -safe; Jessie - safe; Jodie and Rachel - safe; Keisha and Ashley -one safe, one not. Ashley - safe! “Yes!” She shouts. That’s’ the spirit! Sarah and Niamh - surely Sarah is through. Yes, of course she could be Nancy.
What d’you know - spot on with my prediction. Can’t see Andrew saving Keisha again, over Niamh. Ooh, I’m really glad I’m not him. “It’s A Travesty” not the right two. Not happy is he - Keisha’s gone. Only decision he could make really - she didn’t have the public or the panel’s support. BUT says he’ll do anything to help her in the business - good on you Andrew. But which two did he want to choose from then, that’s the question. Ashley presumably but who else? He’s seriously hacked off, he’s walked away before the credits have rolled. Can’t wait for next week!

No comments: