Thursday 3 April 2008

You know what follows Easter ...

I’m not good with diets - I like my food too much, you see. So, after attending Weightwatchers for the first time today, I came away clutching my Kickstart pack, full of optimism and good eating ideas. (And only a stone to lose, which isn't too bad.) I then met with friends for coffee as usual, back in our old haunt which has just been refurbished. This is a good thing: no longer will I be tempted by the large soup bowl of vanilla latte in the posh cafe, it’s back to plain old tea for me. However, the refurb included a new menu - they were offering samples of mini pepper-spiced meatballs; smoked salmon and cream cheese in pitta bread; lemon drizzle cake and creamy yoghurt topped carrot cake. A major test if ever there was one.

All four were absolutely yummy, especially the chocolate muffin with the crunchy mint topping, free with the next hot drink. Mmmmmmmm. Although, it appears WW may have hexed me - the first attempt at opening a packet a sugar ended up with the tube in my tea, the next attempt saw it shoot across the table into the milk jug!

It’s going to be a long week.

No comments: