Sunday 18 May 2008

I'd Do Anything, Week 8

Consider Yourself: Sam showing strong again

Jodie: ‘Holding out for a Hero’. Didn’t do it for me, cruise ship vocal. Sorry, wanted to like her, truly did. And JB, what’s that all about? Two weeks ago she couldn’t be Nancy, this week she’s his perfect Nancy????

Rachel: ‘I Will Always Love You‘: It was going so well and then she verbally tripped on the stairs, picked it up again with a great finish. Good performance, although I dislike the way her eyes dart away as though she’s searching for lyrics written on the stair rail.

Samantha: ‘Defying Gravity’. A proper Musical song - I don’t know it but she delivered it as it should be, a professional show stopping performance. I’ve voted for the first and only time. And Andrew agrees with me about her being the best mover. Her vocal was much stronger that than I‘ve heard before.

Olivers: Jonny bags the final spot, have to say I liked Jordan - he’s very bubbly, I’m sure he’ll do well in the future too.

Jessie: ‘How Do I Live’. Good choice, beautifully sung. She has a lovely tone to her voice. An Irish tomboy Nancy - I don’t see why not, so I’ve voted for her too, because I don’t want to be annoyed if she goes out.

Niamh: ‘Don’t Speak’. LOL at the rugby. Still too poppy rather than feisty - I think maybe because they have to sing in ‘proper’ English, whereas pop songs are sung in that mid Atlantic drawl aren’t they. That’s why there are so many ropey performances on these shows.

So Sam and Jessie stoodout for me tonight, genuinely impressed with Sam and Jessie’s voice I love.

The Josephs and Nancys - 'Dancing in the Street' very enjoyable, again I felt Sam showed strongest there and Jodie. I am concerned there will be a wardrobe malfunction if they make them bop around like that in those necklines though - I think that was worrying Jessie.

From the other three, I don't believe Andrew will save Niamh again, he'll be looking to ensure the three left for the final can do the job; Jessie may be vulnerable too.

No comments: