Sunday 4 May 2008

I'd Do Anything, Week 6

Big Band night - Yippee!

Andrew taking a hand in helping the girls this week, let’s see the difference. He’s telling us what to look out for and they know exactly what they have to do to impress him.

First up: Group song “Who will Buy” Sarah and Samantha sounding strong there.

Jodie: Luck be a Lady - a good performance, bit too controlled for me and there was one baaaad note there. Making nice comments about Andrew - can’t hurt can it? Graham said: “The anger management is kicking in!”

Sarah: Mr Bojangles - one of my fave songs - and ‘Hurrah’ a lovely dress for Sarah at last. She makes it sound so effortless. Didn’t know her surname was Lark - how very apt!

They both did as they were asked but then they have been very consistent.

Rachel: For Once in My Life - The rehearsal sounded a bit poppy, and ooh, look at him when he’s speaking to you!!! A mixture, some bits I loved - sounded beautiful - other bits sounded bland. The 'happy' performance they wanted though.

Samantha: Sway - Looking gorgeous, great dancing, the vocal suffered because of the exertion but very enjoyable - she could always do SCD if this doesn’t work out. Andrew’s so sweet - “Delicious but not rude!” Just like the GG’s!

Olivers: High School Musical, basketball routine. My seven year old is being forced to watch this at school at the moment - he must be only kid his age who hates it! Harry chosen. Have to say, they didn’t sound so great on that, a fair few dud notes tonight, lads.

Niamh: Rehearsal sounds good - this is her style - They Can’t Take That Away From Me. She hopes! Lovely vocal but needs a bit more flamboyance I think, especially in her facial expression, she’s so still.

Jessie: The Man Who Got Away - a Judy Garland song. Tough ask. ‘Be yourself’ good advice. Passionate, best so far, there’s something so different about her. If the kids hadn’t started fighting and I’d watched it live, I’d have voted for the first time. Andrew’s stunned: “Greatest performance I’ve ever seen a young girl give.” Wow! I think Jessie’s safe tonight.

Ashley: Hey Big Spender: This will need a big performance. Encouraging words from Andrew, giving her confidence. Not sure about this myself, again, some bits I liked, some I didn’t. I don’t think the dress helped. The least flattering out of an otherwise lovely wardrobe tonight, for a change.

It’s much tougher now - bottom two I think possibly Ashley and maybe Niamh again. Jessie the best for me, and Sarah I like too. Thought Sam’s overall performance was very good, but vocally I think she’s one of the weakest. A much better choice of songs this week. Apart from Jessie, I’m still not being blown away by any performances.

ALW takes a lot of stick - since watching this, I think he’s great. He nurtures and encourages and those girls all put in stronger performances tonight. You don’t have to be Mr.Nasty to get results!

No comments: