I couldn't believe these! Then I read them again and thought, well, actually, yes I can ... I've seen people do some of them.
3 die each year testing if a 9volt battery works on their tongue.
142 were injured in 1999 by not removing all the pins from their shirts.
58 are injured using knives as screwdrivers.
31 have died since 1996 by watering their Xmas tree with the fairy lights plugged in.
4 broken arms in Xmas cracker pulling incidents.
19 have died eating Xmas tree decorations, believing they were chocolate.
101 people since 1999 have had broken bits of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.
18 had serious burns in one year due to trying on a jumper with lit cigarettes in their mouths.
543 admitted to A&E in the last two years, after opening beer bottles with their teeth.
And my two personal favourites:
5 injured in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars "...Help, help I've been run over by a small plastic toy car ..." I'm surprised they told anyone.
And finally, last year 8 people cracked their skull ... whilst throwing up in the toilet!