Saturday 8 March 2008

Call Centres

On behalf of call centre staff everywhere, let me take umbrage with a certain TV programme. I didn't watch it myself (I knew it would just wind me up) but one of my colleagues was upset at such a blanket slating of our chosen vocation. It can be a tough job, but someone's got to do it and 99.99%(recurring) of both staff and customers have civilised, productive conversations because we're there to answer enquiries and provide a service. Which we do. At least, in our centre we do! We even have opportunities to move forwards and no-one, I repeat, NO-ONE, throws anything. Neither are we in a warehouse. Most of our calls are answered within 20 seconds (by a person) who is generally able to deal with the query immediately. So there! Just needed to get it off my chest. (Might help the dress fit better!)

No comments: