Saturday 5 July 2008

Footie AGM, school sportsday, owl's well that ends well.

I think that not only have I volunteered to be 'Press and Publicity Officer' for Rochester BVFC (as they'll shortly be known - remind me to amend it) I may also have inadvertently become Events Manager too. Hubby's already mumbling on about "there's no housework getting done as it is ..."

Matt brought his relay team home to victory, storming through from last to first. And what a dip to the line. Bless him, he thought it was a bar instead of a ribbon and didn't want to hurt himself! It wasn't enough for his house 'Oak', to win overall but it made my day to see his face when they gave him the winners ticket. And it didn't rain! And, I took the day off work, being advised that I still have 8.8 hours left. Which, when you consider I only had 9.3 hours left before, is brill! (I do work longer than one and a half hours a day, honest).

Laying awake in the dark, there's a very insisitent owl calling loudly and clearly: Who who who? Who who who? Finally, he receives an answering call.

No comments: